Preparing for IVF with Natural Herbs and Supplements
When getting pregnant isn't as easy as you thought it would be, you have a lot of options to turn to. Some couples opt for the most natural conception help possible, while others rely on modern medicine to help them achieve a pregnancy. Turning to Invitro Fertilization (IVF) to help you conceive isn’t anything new. Couples have been doing it since 1978 when the first "test tube baby" was conceived in England.
IVF requires several important steps:
Utilizing fertility drugs to help the body mature more female eggs at one time
- Extracting those eggs via laparoscopic surgery
- Fertilizing the retrieved eggs with the patient's partner's sperm in the laboratory
- Reinserted the fertilized embryos into the uterus
- Waiting for natural implantation to take place
With so many sensitive steps involved in the entire IVF process, it's no wonder the success rate is only 20-30% for most couples. Of course there are ways to possibly increase your chances that your IVF procedure will result in a healthy pregnancy. The key to conceiving in this manner is to prepare your body for the IVF procedure, getting it ready for the important job ahead –allowing implantation to take place.
So, what should you consider adding to your health regime in order to get your eggs, ovaries and uterus ready for that all-important IVF procedure? Here are a few things to consider:
There are plenty of all-natural herbs supplied by nature that can help to boost your fertility, strengthen your reproductive system and enhance your overall health – all important components to making sure that your body is ready to accept an IVF treatment. Here are just a few important fertility-boosting herbs to consider when getting ready for an IVF implantation:
Vitex – this simple berry is used to help balance estrogen and progesterone levels and decrease FSH levels.
- Maca Root – a root-like herb grown in the foothills' of Peru, Maca is know to help strengthen uterine health (and help build a thicker uterine lining), as well as increase egg health, lower FSH levels and balance hormones.
- Red Raspberry Leaf – used to help strengthen and fortify the uterus.
In addition to these basic fertility herbs, you may want to consider some of these specialty IVF helpers:
Fertility Cleanse: one way to prepare your body for IVF treatment (and pregnancy) is to cleanse it of any impurities and excess hormones beforehand. Clearning your reproductive system of excess hormones, chemicals and other toxins can be done by using the Fertility Cleanse Kit well before you being using your IVF medications.
Nourishing Herbs & Supplements: to help replenish the endocrine and reproductive systems and better prepare them for an IVF procedure, you may want to try using: Nettles, Red Clover, Lemon Balm, Skullcap and/or Rose Hips. These herbs may help to nourish the nervous system, helping you to stay calm through this journey and building up nutrients for your pregnancy.
Fertility Supporting Supplements
No matter how hard you try to get the right mix of vitamins, minerals and enzymes in the foods you eat, the odds are you are not going to get enough of some important nutrients. But, don't worry. There are plenty of supplements that can help to support your immune system, enhance your reproductive health and prepare your body for IVF and pregnancy. Here are just a few of the most important supplements you should consider taking when trying to get pregnant (either naturally or with some technological help):
For many couples IVF seems like the best course of action to give them the best chance of conceiving a child. But why rely on this medical procedure alone? Be sure to give your body the absolute best chance of conception success by adding these important herbs and supplements to your diet ate least 3 months prior to help increase your chances of IVF success!
Royal Jelly – a rich gel given to the queen bee to help her produce more eggs, royal jelly has been shown to dramatically increase egg health in humans.
- Bee Pollen – offering 50% more protein than beef, bee pollen contains a rich variety of vitamins and minerals that have been shown to boost the immune system and offer unbelievably effective anti-inflammatory response in the body which may aid implantation.
- Whole Food Multivitamin – helps to supply your body by providing important nutrients necessary for healthy eggs and pregnant. Folic acid, calcium and iron are just a few nutrients that are needed prior to pregnancy for healthy implantation and fetus.
- Coenzyme 10 (CoQ10) – helps to protect your eggs form free radical damage.
- L-Arginine – a powerful amino acid that has been reported to encourage endometrial response and ovarian response (which means it helps the body to produce more healthy, mature eggs and increases the chance that your uterus will accept egg implantation and create a nurturing environment for a growing fetus).
- Fertility Preparation Kit - to make is simple for you I have created the Fertility Preparation Kit which includes all of the nutrients needed to help prepare for an IVF.